Steak tagliata with pea shoot salad Serves 4
- 2 sirloin steaks about 200g each
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- finely grated zest of a lemon and a squeeze of juice
- generous pinch of English mustard powder
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 75g pea shoots
- 75g watercress
- a small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 8 radishes, finely sliced
- 300g podded fresh peas
- 75g parmesan shavings
- Heat the BBQ until good and hot.
- Take the steaks and rub with a little of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Cook the steaks on the hottest part of the BBQ for 1- 2 minutes each side. Allow to rest on a piece of foil to catch the resting juices.
- In a jug, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon zest and juice and the mustard powder with some seasoning. Gradually whisk in the olive oil then add any juices from the resting steak.
- Toss the pea shoots, watercress, mint and radishes together with half of the dressing in a salad bowl and then place on a serving platter.
- Slice the steaks thinly on an angle, arrange on top of the leaves, scatter with the parmesan and drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
In celebration of BBQ season Red Tractor are launching a BBQ promotion and will be giving away a fantastic Napoleon Grills barbecue worth £500 every single day for an eight-week period during the barbecue season (9th May – 3rd July). To be in with a chance of winning, simply visit www.redtractor.org.uk