Chimichurri chicken kebabs Serves 4
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 banana shallot
- 2 cloves garlic a handful coriander a handful flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2-3 slices of green jalapeno pepper (I use them from the jar)
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 pitta bread
- shredded iceberg lettuce and quartered cherry tomatoes to serve
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks or strips and tip into a freezer bag.
- Put the shallot, garlic, coriander, parsley, oregano and peppers into food processor and blitz. Then add the vinegar and olive oil and season to taste. Place in the freezer bag with the chicken and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the BBQ until good and hot.
- Thread the chicken onto metal skewers (note, use metal skewers to ensure the meat cooks in the middle)
- BBQ for 6-7 minutes, turning until lovely and charred and cooked through. Rest for a couple of minutes whilst you griddle the pitta bread on both sides then open up and fill with the chicken and salad.
In celebration of BBQ season Red Tractor are launching a BBQ promotion and will be giving away a fantastic Napoleon Grills barbecue worth £500 every single day for an eight-week period during the barbecue season (9th May – 3rd July). To be in with a chance of winning, simply visit www.redtractor.org.uk