Makes: 8 -10 pancakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
300g plain flour
1tsp easy blend yeast
6 tbsp. Splenda Granulated
1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
Sunflower oil in a spray
100g roasted peanuts
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
4 tbsp. light coconut milk
The zest of 2 oranges, grated
2 segments of orange to garnish
- Stir together the flour, yeast, 4tbsp. of the Splenda Granulated, eggs, bicarbonate of soda and the orange zest along with 225ml warm water until you have a smooth batter. Leave it to prove for around 40 minutes until it is just bubbling.
- In a food processor, whizz together the remaining 2 tbsp. of Splenda Granulated with the peanuts and sesame seeds until they start to become a little wet. Add the coconut until the mixture is moist.
- Warm a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray twice with the oil. Using a large ladle, half fill it and pour into the pan. Spread it out until it is around 18cm in diameter. Cook for a moment then scatter on a spoonful of the peanut mixture. Fold the pancake in to half and cook for a moment or so more. Place on a baking tray, cover and keep warm in a low oven.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients until you have used everything up!
- Serve the pancakes warm with the segments of fresh orange to garnish.
– If you don’t have a food processor just use a sharp knife to chop the peanuts as finely as possible.
– To fold over the pancakes use a palette knife, it’s much easier than a fish slice!