A simple chicken salad is the classic warm weather dish – but how can you keep it interesting?
The answer is also simple. Gorgeous summer vegetables and subtle flavours means you’ll never tire of this protein-packed dish.
Asparagus and sweet pepper sit effortlessly beside delicate flavours of garlic and dill, all topped with the unexpected crunch of sunflower seeds meaning our Warm Chicken Salad will remain a favourite for many seasons to come.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bundle asparagus, tough ends snapped off and discarded
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 120g bag mixed salad leaves
- 2 tbsp black olives, halved
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Line a large roasting tin with a sheet of Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil, dull side up. Arrange the chicken, asparagus and red pepper in the tin and season well with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mustard, vinegar, garlic and dill to make a dressing. Season to taste.
- Divide the salad leaves between two plates, scatter over the olives and sunflower seeds and arrange the chicken and vegetables on top. Serve with the dressing.
Enjoy! Serves two.
Bacofoil has teamed up with leading nutritionist, Sarah Schenker, to recreate all your favourite home-cooked recipes with the great twist of no added butter or oil, thanks to Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil.