Serves 2 • 460 calories per serving
You may be apprehensive about having a salad for breakfast, but if you try this one with a few slices of toast, you will be converted. The creamy avocado mixed with all of our favourite nuts and seeds and some protein-packed lentil sprouts tastes wonderfully fresh and really will keep you feeling full until lunch. Avocados contain high levels of a plant compound known as beta-sitosterol, which is thought to help balance cholesterol levels.
- 20g cashew nuts
- 20g hazelnuts
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 fresh chives, finely chopped
- 50g lentil sprouts
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander or micro coriander
- Lime wedges
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Spread all the nuts and seeds in a small baking tin and toast in the heated oven for 8 minutes until golden. Tip them into a mortar and lightly crush with the pestle. Set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones, then scoop out the flesh and put it in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, chives and some salt and pepper and crush with a fork. You want to create a creamy but chunky texture. Add the lentil sprouts and mix through.
- Add the crushed nuts and seeds to the avocado mix. Serve sprinkled with coriander and with wedges of lime to squeeze over.
Rich in Vitamins B6 and E • Potassium •Magnesium • Phytoestrogens • Beta-sitosterol • Fibre