American Pancakes with Blueberries and Maple Syrup
Makes about 10 pancakes
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Knob of butter
Sunflower oil or a little butter for cooking
Maple syrup, to drizzle
- Mix the flour and baking powder with a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk together, make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the egg mix and whisk to a thick, smooth batter. Melt the butter then beat into the batter. Add 150g blueberries.
- Heat a tsp of oil or small knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Making three or four together, drop large spoonfuls of batter into the pan to form pancakes about 8cm across.
- Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, turn over and cook until golden. Cover with kitchen roll to keep warm whilst you work.
- Sprinkle with blueberries and serve with the syrup.