98% of patients, based on over 50,000 interviews, say that they are satisfied with the overall experience provided by their doctor.
The analysis is from medical revalidation provided by Equiniti 360 Clinical which supports the legal requirement that every five years, all doctors are required to complete a 360 appraisal which includes patient feedback.
Introduced in 2012, revalidation assures the General Medical Council that doctors are fit to practice.
- 98.83% were satisfied with the overall experience their doctor provided
- 99.35% said they have confidence in their doctor
- 96.94% thought they were involved as much as they wanted to be in the decisions about their care and treatment
- 95.53% felt that by the end of the consultation they were better able to understand and or manage their condition
- 99.81% thought their doctor was polite and considerate
- 99.58% thought their doctor listened to what the patient had to say
- 99.11% said the doctor explained things in the way the patient understood
- 98.99% said the doctor gave enough opportunity for the patient to answer questions
- 97.91% said the doctor answered all the questions posed
- 97.50% thought the doctor respected their views.
Equiniti 360 Clinical Founder, Jo Parker-Swift, comments: “Patients across the UK are hugely positive about their relationships with their doctors. These high satisfaction ratings of the patient-doctor relationship, speaks highly about the level of professionalism of doctors and are central to the delivery of high quality healthcare and boosting the nation’s well-being whether within private practices or the NHS.”
Please do let us know whether you would agree that you are as happy with your doctor? Ed.