Following overwhelming critical acclaim and a sell-out run at Shakespeare’s Globe, Morgan Lloyd Malcolm’s Emilia has transferred to the Vaudeville Theatre, London.
400 years ago Emilia Bassano wanted her voice to be heard. It wasn’t. Could she have been the “Dark Lady” of Shakespeare’s sonnets? The moniker for this mystery woman comes from Shakespeare’s sonnets 127–154 in which she is described as having black hair. But what of her own poems? Why was her story erased from history?
FIVE readers will win four tickets each!
Emilia and her sisters reach out to us across the centuries with passion, fury, laughter and song. Listen to them. Let them inspire and unite us. If you think you know everything about Shakespeare, Emilia will have you second-guessing.
Directed by Nicole Charles, Emilia takes a bold move with its all-female cast and is unlike anything you may have seen before. The 17-strong cast features Amanda Wilkin, Anna Andresen, Carolyn Pickles, Charity Wakefield, Clare Perkins, Jackie Clune, Jenni Maitland, Nadia Albina, Saffron Coomber, Sarah Seggari, Sophie Stone and Tanika Yearwood. Three different actresses portraying a different stage in Emilia’s life will play the role of Emilia.
Celebrate women’s voices through the story of this trailblazing, forgotten woman. Stand up and be counted.
Emilia is an absolute must-see!
Emilia will be playing at the Vaudeville Theatre from 8th March – 15th June 2019. To book tickets (from £20 during previews) call 0330 333 4814 or visit EmiliaPlay.co.uk
The closing date for this competition is 05/04/2019
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
Terms and Conditions
- Competitions are only open to UK residents aged over 18 years.
- Competitions are not open to employees of Highwood House Publishing.
- Mature Times is the competition promoter.
- The competition will close on 05/04/2019 and entries received after this date will not be counted.
- Winners will be chosen at random from the correct entries received.
- Each of the FIVE (5) winners will each receive FOUR (4) Tickets to see Emilia at the Vaudeville Theatre, London valid for Monday to Thursday performances until 6 June, subject to availability. Tickets are not available for any other dates as part of this offer.
- Travel and accommodation costs are NOT included in this offer.
- If the item listed above is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute with an alternative item of similar value.
- There is no cash alternative to Prizes, which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winners.
- Winners’ names, addresses and contact details will be passed to a third party provider for prize fulfilment. Unsuccessful entrants’ details will NOT be passed on to any third party.
- Mature Times decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- By entering the competition you confirm that you have read the terms and conditions.