As part of their ongoing roll out of The British Film: Phase II home-entertainment label, Network Distributing are pleased to present brand new transfers of two iconic 1930s feature films, starring Anna Neagle as the regal Queen Victoria, alongside a never-before-released series of plays, Victoria Regina, starring a never better Patricia Routledge.
We have TWO sets of these 3 titles on DVD to give away!
In Victoria the Great (1937), Anna Neagle takes the title role in Herbert Wilcox’s sumptuous, award-winning biography of Queen Victoria marking both King George VI’s coronation and the centenary of Victoria’s own accession to the throne.
Sixty Glorious Years (1938) is a lavish sequel to Victoria the Great. This sumptuous historical epic once again recounts the life and reign of Queen Victoria, this time in glorious Technicolor. Given unprecedented access to the royal palaces, director Herbert Wilcox re-casts Anna Neagle as Victoria and Anton Walbrook as Prince Albert in a film that again met with worldwide acclaim.
Patricia Routledge gives a career-best performance as Queen Victoria in Victoria Regina: The Complete Series (1964), a series of plays based on the celebrated collection of dramas by playwright Laurence Housman which have never been released. Self-willed, obstinate, imperious and passionate… a now-familiar description of history’s longest-serving female monarch but Housman’s satirical tribute marked a decisive break with the tradition of the uncritical historical portrait. It is a frank portrayal of an extraordinarily complex woman, tracing her development from royal teenager to inconsolable widow at the helm of a vast empire, with all her contradictions, prejudices and unconstitutional behaviour.
Network’s The Victoria Collection continues their launch of The British Film: Phase II label – information on previous and upcoming titles can be found here – www.thebritishfilm.co.uk
Closing date for this competition is 22nd April 2019.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- Competitions are only open to UK residents aged over 18 years.
- Competitions are not open to employees of Highwood House Publishing.
- Mature Times is the competition promoter.
- The competition will close on 22/4/2019 and entries received after this date will not be counted.
- Winners will be chosen at random from the correct entries received.
- Each of the TWO (2) winners will each receive one (1) set of DVDs comprising win a set comprising Victoria the Great, Sixty Glorious Yeas and Victoria Regina: The Complete series.
- If the item listed above is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute with an alternative item of similar value.
- There is no cash alternative to Prizes, which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winners.
- Winners’ names, addresses and contact details will be passed to a third party provider for prize fulfilment. Unsuccessful entrants’ details will NOT be passed on to any third party.
- The prize will be delivered to the winners within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address however Mature Times cannot guarantee this delivery timescale.
- Mature Times decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- By entering the competition you confirm that you have read the terms and conditions.
Post expires at 12:01am on Monday April 22nd, 2019