Network’s The British Film label re-presents the UK’s cinematic heritage as brand-new transfers from the original film elements and lovingly introducing classy packaging that reflects the original, iconic poster artwork of over 400 vintage films from the silent era through to the 1980s. Their list of titles includes classics such as The Ipcress File, Animal Farm, Black Narcissus and The Man Who Haunted Himself.
2019 sees the release of classic British films; Sweeney! (1977) and Sweeney 2 (1978) starring the crime-fighting duo of Jack Regan and George Carter.
We have Two copies of the films Sweeney! and Sweeney 2 to give away to TWO lucky readers!
Rough, tough and politically incorrect, The Sweeney was one of the major television successes of the last fifty years and this first feature film spin-off is just as hard-hitting. Featuring memorable performances from John Thaw and Dennis Waterman.
In Sweeney! (1977) we find that hard-bitten, womanising Flying Squad officer Jack Regan has become embroiled in a political plot when an old friend asks him to investigate a seemingly suspicious death. Framed on a drink-driving charge and suspended from the force, Regan is embroiled in a deadly conspiracy and must think fast and rely on his wits if he’s to survive.
In Sweeney 2 (1978) a callous gang of bank robbers is creating havoc on the London streets. Efficient and ruthless, and with Regan and Carter in hot pursuit, they leave a trail of dead bodies and smashed cars in their wake.) Co-starring Denholm Elliott and Ken Hutchison.
Both Sweeney! and Sweeney 2 are out on Blu-ray/DVD/VOD on 4th February. To pre-order and to see a full list of titles available on The British Film label please visit – www.thebritishfilm.co.uk. Future releases include: The Smallest Show on Earth, The Likely Lads, Take Me High, Victoria the Great, Sixty Glorious Years
The closing date for this competition is 6th March 2019
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- Competitions are only open to UK residents aged over 18 years.
- Competitions are not open to employees of Highwood House Publishing.
- Mature Times is the competition promoter.
- The competition will close on 6/3/2019 and entries received after this date will not be counted.
- Winners will be chosen at random from the correct entries received.
- Each of the TWO (2) winners will each receive ONE (1) copy of Sweeney! and ONE (1) Sweeney 2 on DVD.
- If the item listed above is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute with an alternative item of similar value.
- There is no cash alternative to Prizes, which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize-winner.
- Winners’ names, addresses and contact details will be passed to a third party provider for prize fulfilment. Unsuccessful entrants’ details will NOT be passed on to any third party.
- The prize will be delivered to the winners within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address however Mature Times cannot guarantee this delivery timescale.
- Mature Times decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- By entering the competition you confirm that you have read the terms and conditions.
Post expires at 8:01pm on Wednesday March 6th, 2019