Debbie Shore started her career as a children’s television presenter and has since hosted live fashion shows with a major fashion store, produced her own range of instructional DVDs and written for several popular sewing magazines. Debbie was voted Sewing Designer of the Year in the Immediate Media British Craft Awards 2017.
In this first book in her new Sewing Room Secrets series, Debbie walks you through every aspect of machine sewing; revealing her expert top tips, providing in-depth and helpful guidance and sharing her techniques and trade secrets.
We’ve teamed up with Search Press and have TEN copies of Debbie Shore’s Sewing Room Secrets: Machine Sewing to give away!
Starting by looking at sewing room essentials, Debbie then guides you around your sewing machine and explains all the tools and materials you might need, including wadding/batting, interfacing, fabrics and threads. There’s a handy troubleshooting section to reassure and guide you when you encounter problems.
Debbie covers the key techniques you need to know, including inserting zips and piping, using shirring elastic, free-motion embroidery and appliqué. Debbie’s focus is on craft and home items, but she also includes some dressmaking and quilting tips for those looking to explore other areas.
The ten beautiful projects help you learn the techniques as you progress through the book, beginning with a simple pincushion before moving on to a pillow cover, a tablet case, a drawstring bag, a sewing machine mat and more.
This book has something for everyone; easy to understand instructions for the novice stitcher, and for those more experienced with the sewing machine, it’s a great guide to remind you of those techniques and tips that just might have slipped your mind. So dust off that sewing machine and get stitching!
To see the full list of craft and activity books available from Search Press, please visit: http://www.searchpress.com/
The closing date for this competition is 6/3/2019
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- Competitions are only open to UK residents aged over 18 years.
- Competitions are not open to employees of Highwood House Publishing.
- Mature Times is the competition promoter.
- The competition will close on 06/03/19 and entries received after this date will not be counted.
- Winners will be chosen at random from the correct entries received.
- Each of the TEN (10) winners will each receive ONE (1) copy of Debbie Shore’s Sewing Room Secrets: Machine Sewing.
- If the item listed above is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute with an alternative item of similar value.
- There is no cash alternative to Prizes, which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner.
- Winners’ names, addresses and contact details will be passed to a third party provider for prize fulfilment. Unsuccessful entrants’ details will NOT be passed on to any third party.
- The prize will be delivered to the winners within 28 days of the competition closure date, however Mature Times cannot guarantee this delivery timescale.
- Mature Times decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- By entering the competition you confirm that you have read the terms and conditions.
To see more inspiration, conversation, tuition and fun from Debbie, please visit her website: www.debbieshoresewing.com
Debbie Shore’s Sewing Room Secrets: Machine Sewing is available now from Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk
Post expires at 12:01am on Wednesday March 6th, 2019