- Friday, 23 March 2012
Mature Times has teamed up with The Broadway Hotel to offer you the chance to win a two night B & B mid-week break for two to this beautiful hotel during the Broadway Arts Festival 9th-17th June 2012 between Sunday and Thursday AND a fabulous package of goodies!
Often described as “The Jewel in the Cotswolds”, there is plenty for visitors to do in Broadway, with its many art galleries, cafés, homes, cloths and gift shops, and its cultural highlights (Snowshill Manor, Broadway Tower and Gordon Russell Museum).
This year, additional attractions include:
- the 500th anniversary of the birth of Catherine Parr being celebrated at nearby Sudeley Castle from April
- the 400th anniversary of Robert Dover's Olympicks on 1 June
- the Broadway Arts Festival (9 to 17 June)
- the Olympic torch coming through on 1 July, and
- a branch of the Ashmolean Museum set to open in the autumn.
The public areas of The Broadway Hotel have been completely refurbished and extended, creating a stunning contemporary bar and brasserie, with an additional glass-roofed atrium, called Tattersalls. The former bar with its characterful inglenook fireplace is now a cosy and comfortable snug, where afternoon tea and evening drinks are served. The refurbishment of the ground floor follows on from the renovation of the guest rooms, which took place in 2010.
In the 16th century, The Broadway Hotel was a rural retreat for the Abbots of Pershore and the building is infused with history. For example, the half-timber, half-stone exterior houses the bar with its double-height ceilings and minstrels’ gallery, and guests can stay in the original 16th-century Abbot’s bedroom. The hotel’s location, overlooking one of the Cotswolds’ most beautiful village greens, is idyllic.
On a warm summer’s evening, guests can sit on the front terrace and soak up the beauty of Broadway, before enjoying an intimate candlelit dinner in the brasserie. In winter, guests like to linger over an afternoon cream tea sat beside one of the open log fires. All of the guest rooms are beautifully furnished and well equipped to create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
For more details and to book, visit the website www.cotswold-inns-hotels.co.uk.
This fantastic Broadway Hotel Broadway Arts Festival package includes the following:
- bed and breakfast for two nights between Sunday and Thursday
- a Cotswold cream tea on arrival
- tickets with unlimited access to ‘Rover’ ticket events (selected exhibitions at the Festival)
- a programme of events (one per person)
- a limited edition souvenir art catalogue to commemorate the event
- £30 per person towards dinner in Tattersalls Brasserie
- a full English breakfast will be served each day
- a signed limited edition print of The Broadway Hotel by local artist Jeremy Houghton, who has painted the Queen and is one of the official Olympic artists.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
Catherine Parr became whose sixth wife?
Closing date for this competition is 30th April 2012.
Difflam Competition Winners - 06 January 2012
Winners of our Billy Connolly Route 66 Competition - 25 November 2011
Winners of our 'It's a wonderful life' competition! - 25 November 2011
A smart move! - 09 December 2013